Well hello, 2017-18!

What a start!

Thanks to an incredible student body and staff, the 2017-18 school year is off to a fantastic start at Mt. Spokane High School! From our opening day assembly to the settling-in process that always transpires within classrooms, the positive energy on our campus is real and tangible.

While the smoke from a horrific fire season stalled some activities and athletic contests, everyone within our community has rallied and responded to make the most of our facility constraints and scheduling challenges. Always resilient, I haven’t been surprised in the least!

As we progress through the year together, our “WHY” at MSHS will continue to guide the work that happens with students each day. Empowering People – Abolishing Apathy – Creating What’s Next. . . this is WHY we do WHAT we do with and for students and one another. I’m thankful to work with such dynamic people, and I’m confident the 21st year of our high school will be the best to date!

I encourage everyone to support our students as they take place in drama, athletic endeavors, music, clubs and community service projects this fall. When the statement “WE are Mt. Spokane” is stated, the “WE” is meant to include each and every student. This is a worthy goal, and one that our staff works hard to reach.

I am humbled and thankful to serve as the Principal at MSHS. This is going to be an epic year!

Go ‘Cats!

Darren